Using Movie Maker to edit and combine my video clips was a simple process. I was able to split the clips and remove excess footage with one button ease. The delete key removed the unwanted footage.
Unedited clipI combined the video clips and added video effects including text screens, fadeout to white, cycling through the spectrum of colours, and film age to some of the clips. I included a variety of video transitions between each film clip. To create a more professional looking video I would make better use of transitions for effect and limit video effects.
- Registering for a Masher account required a username, password and email account.
- Photos, music and videos can be uploaded easily from your computer. Masher provides a good selection of videos, photos and music for use with Masher video creations if original content is not available.
- Video uploads to Masher are limited to 50 MB. My 21 MB 3:22 minute upload took longer than I expected. I began to edit the video and photos uploaded by dragging and dropping them on a timeline. I added a block colour screen and special effects with text for a title screen. I added an old movie effect for six frames.
- As I previewed the video I saw that the audio picked up by the camera was distracting and in places too loud. I cannot edit the video upload in Masher so I will have to repair this problem and upload a corrected file from Movie Maker.
- I used a YouTube video tutorial to help me locate the Movie Maker Clip tool where I was able to mute the sound clip by clip, save the new video and upload once again to Masher.