Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Developing my Diigo: Step Two

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

The Diigo toolbar is a wonderful thing.
By adding a toolbar to my browser I have the ability to bookmark any page on the internet without leaving the page and have it available to me no matter what computer I am using. I can highlight text and capture either a selected area of my screen or the whole page.

From The Book Whisperer, Making room for graphic novels
 


I am able to send the page link (see top of page) to a blog (Blogger, Wordpress, Livepress or four others platforms), Facebook, Twitter, email it to friends or easily share the URL of my highlighted, sticky noted page. Richardson (2009) states that " just getting in the habit of saving interesting and useful links can be a huge asset in itself." (p.96)
The toolbar allows me to quickly filter my Diigo bookmarks by tags I have selected.



I can identify my bookmarks with tags, and then share with any of my groups or send to Twitter.  I have begun to add tags to my bookmarks and to select groups for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment